Sara: Faded Memories
Sorry for the late post. It was set to auto-post yesterday, but it goofed. And my Internet was out yesterday, too. I couldn't even get on to check that it was up. Anywho, on with the post.
I set this as my Facebook status recently.
I miss the summer nights of '09 when I could go out on my bike and just hang out with some of my favorite people in the world for hours on no end. There was nothing to worry about but dinnertime approaching.
I really wanted to elaborate on that, so I wrote a poem. It's about one of my neighbours, with whom I hardly ever speak to anymore. I found this intriguing, 'cause most of my poetry is free verse, but I got this one to rhyme. I guess that's a bonus.
------
I miss the trampoline
The hot, summer nights
I miss the cold, snow forts
That shield a snowball fight
I miss the dropping leaves
Climbing up that tree
I miss the conversations
Held between you and me
No comments:
Post a Comment