I thought I had more of the story from the past two posts, but I guess not. Anyway, here's a poem I wrote about the earthquakes and such in Japan.
Remember Japan
We remember
We'll never forget
The tragic plague
We've regrettably witnessed
Our help has been offered
And help, they've been given
But our help is nothing
If we've stripped of our hope
We remember
And we pray for good future
But we cannot stop
What the Earth has started
In words of love, we give wisdom,
But none of us can even fathom
The pain, the loss, the harrowing fear
We only wish that they can cope
We remember
We'll never forget
Though miles mark our distance
They're engraved in our hearts
We still smile, we still laugh,
But the idea of something so terrible
Will never untwine from the rope
We remember
We know it's not over
To see the close past
Is hard to recover from
Lives have gone, houses, cities,
Destroyed in such a wayward manner
How much longer must the world mope?
We remember
We'll never forget
Of our beloved that have fallen
From across the Pacific Ocean
We plea to see a better day
In dreams that one is on its way
But until the storm of reckless damage
Can pick itself up and leave our proud planet
We'll put together our pieces
And rid not of our hope
No comments:
Post a Comment